Union Tech, Inc Opens New Stereolithography (SL) Demonstration Center in Chicago Area
- August 22, 2018
- Posted by: Chase
- Category: Press Room
Union Tech, Inc Opens New Stereolithography (SL) Demonstration Center in Chicago Area –The center provides 3D printer evaluators with year-round hands-on access to equipment and application know-how
Given the ever-expanding range of options for 3D printing and additive manufacturing , Illinois based Union Tech, Inc. wanted to facilitate potential buyers efforts to evaluate the benefits and advantages of the UnionTech™ line of commercial and production stereolithography equipment. Jim Reitz , General Manager of Union Tech, Inc states “the center’s purpose is to provide a convenient venue for a first-hand, close-up examination and hands-on evaluation of the UnionTech “fresh dimensions” approach to stereolithography: open sourced materials and software options, and robust “keep it simple and solid” engineering that provides cost-effectiveness with excellent part aesthetics.”
The Chicago area location allows easy access for visitors to UnionTech’s stereolithography (SL) demonstration center. Early in the 2nd quarter of 2018, the staff opened the center at 761 North 17th St, Unit 29, St. Charles, Illinois, 60124.
The functions of the UnionTech™ product demonstration center include:
- Showcasing available UnionTech equipment
- Benchmark part builds for potential customer’s evaluation of SL technology and UnionTech machines as a preferred 3D printing option
- Discussion with examples of applications ranging form investment casting, rapid tooling, metal clad composites, as well as prototyping applications
- Warehouse and logistic support for customer shipments
- Accommodating final assembly and managing quality control of the equipment
UnionTech’s current equipment that is showcased and available for demonstration at the new center include:
- Commercial PILOT line: Pilot 250 and PILOT 450: building parts in Somos EVOLVE, Element and WaterShed
- Industrial RSPRO 600 and 800 are also available for inspection
UnionTech stereolithography equipment features comprise:
- Cost-effective ownership throughout the entire life cycle
- Freedom to collaborate and innovate: open design for materials and machine access
- Surface aesthetics of printed parts that resets expectations and contributes to lower post finishing requirements
The UnionTech product line is based on internationally sourced components—including Panasonic, SCANLAB, Advanced Optowave, and Materialise—resulting in a truly world-class 3D printing option.
For nearly 20 years, UnionTech stereolithography (SL) 3D printing equipment has been developed and manufactured in an environment of intense regional competition. Union Tech Inc., a subsidiary of Shanghai Union Technology Corporation, provides proven successes in wide-ranging markets including, among many others: automotive, aerospace, medical and diverse industrial applications. The UnionTech product offering for the international market of today reflects the experience that has made it a global leader in stereolithography.
Union Tech, Inc.
761 North 17th St, Unit 29
St. Charles, Illinois 60124